Saturday, 23 June 2012

DIY: Studded Collar Shirt

DIY, stud, studded, collar, white, shirt, gold, cone


Finally, my order from Studs and Spikes arrived in the mail where it took about 20 working days to ship to Australia. I'm so esctatic because they look exactly how I imagined. I ordered a bag of 50 Standard English77 Golden Studs and a bag of 100 Standard 1/2 Pyramid Silver Studs.
To shop for studs go to http://studsandspikes.com/

DIY, stud, studded, collar, white, shirt, gold, coneFor this DIY post, I'll be using the Standard English77 Golden studs from Studs and Spikes, or in other words gold cone studs. Pictured right is a close up of the studs I will be using. As you can see, the front consists of a smooth gold tone metal in the shape of a cone and the back features 2 sharp prongs which will puncture the fabric. A pack of 50 should be enough to stud an entire collar.
Of course, this DIY is only a reference and you can use whatever size, style or colour studs you like.


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Collared shirt
* Pack of 50 studs
* Butter knife (optional)
* Scissors (optional)

DIY, stud, studded, collar, white, shirt, gold, cone


LETS GETS STARTED:
1. Decide where you want to place the first stud. If you want to mark it out with pencil you can.
2. Get your first stud and gently push the prongs into the fabric. It should look like PICTURE 1. If you're having difficulty puncturing the fabric, you might want to use scissors to create some holes first.
3. Flip the fabric upside down and fold the prongs over one by one. This is where the optional butter knife comes in. If you've got delicate fingers, use the butter knife to gently press it down.
4. Get creative, repeat steps 2-3 until you've reached your desired result. You can choose to stud the tips of the collar, the entire collar or your entire shirt! For inspiration go to my studded collar inspiration post.

DIY, stud, studded, collar, white, shirt, gold, cone


 RESULT:

DIY, stud, studded, collar, white, shirt, gold, cone
DIY studded collar, studded collar, studded shirt, white button up shirt, gold done studs, Studs and Spikes, style, fashion

19 comments:

  1. Ah, your shirt turned out amazing! I really love the studs you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post =)

    Definetely, i will try it !

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow nice tutorial! love how your shirt turned out

    Mish
    http://starmishie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice tutorial, i love the studs<3

    http://ourclosetforyou.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome DIY post! I am going to have to try doing this :) Thanks for this awesome DIY Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh that shirt is amazing! you r so talented! am following you on bloglovin. lovely blog! keep it up!
    personal style blog
    personal style blog
    personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love studded collars! Always have :)

    ~S
    SING SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a fan of studded collars but I'm loving this - it looks simple and elegant.
    AhkaVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking for a place that sells these kind of studs. I didn't want to have to hot glue gun any on! This is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing... seen your blog through my forum on IFB... i am following you now! x

    http://sunshinetosoothethesoul.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect! I like how you used a stud as your top button very cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi girl!! Amazing DIY, I'm going to do one like that and also I'll do a tutorial about that :) My blog is about DIY too, if you want to visit me this is the link. I wait you :)

    http://itsmellslikeateenspirit.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how simple it is to transform a simple collared shirt into this amazing edgy collared shirt! Check out my blog for my studded embellishment DIY inspired by Lanvin and Dolce & Gabbana's Fall 2012 Collections!!! I'm also doing a fur scarf DIY and it will be posted soon so stop by and check it out!

    -Jenny

    thismodernloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really great tutorial, all the other ones i found were for denim and i was unsure if it would work on a shirt. Yours looks amazing too, hope mine comes out like this :)

    -Caty :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. how it turns out when you wash it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just did this too! it's quite fun and addictive!

    dreaming-in-colour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete