Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Obsession: Studded collars

It's definite. I'm starting a new DIY project to stud a plain white collared button down. Without giving too much away, just stay tuned for the next week or so since the studs should be arriving in the mail around that time. This post is a little inspirational preview leading up to my first DIY post.

Anyways, on to the actual topic. I've been really inspired lately by collars, in all forms and sizes; peter pan, chelsea, metallic, embellished. Since it's getting colder here, I think studded collars would look amazing just poking out of a chunky sweater or overlapped with other collars for that layered look. Here is a selection of dresses and blouses with already studded collars.


My Picks

1. Total Stud Blouse from Nasty Gal. I love the breezy chiffon toughened by the cut out shoulders and of course the gunmetal studded collar.
2. Sleeveless blouse with Studded Collar by Lipsy.
3. Love the powder blue colour of this Rachel Blouse By Goldie from Topshop.
4. Studded Leather Collar Tweed Dress by Sister Jane.


Inspiration

Picture Source

19 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS POST! Great trend! Really brings out the collar. Very shape defining and definitely brings anyone's cheekbones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nast girl shirt! Think I will be getting that on pay day ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about this style is how easy it is to make yourself! I might do that, actually.

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I look forward to seeing your DIY post! Great blog! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    http://lillatinafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love studded collars!

    Amazing pictures.Love your blog!

    http://amulhereamoda.blogspot.pt/

    Sara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Nasty Gal shirt - I think my wardrobe would be a fine home for it :)

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this style! I think I am going to have to take on a new diy project when i go to the craft store :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being part of Links a la Mode this week - well deserved!

    Best, Jenny

    http://www.dresscodehighfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics. I am unfortunately no DIY person and therefore I think I'll buy a studded collar shirt.

    Nora

    http://notenora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice selection. I especially like the denim collar. Congrats on being featured in Lonks a la Mode this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being featured i IFB's Links a la Mode! I understand your obsession with studded collars because I have the same obsession myself! I am going to try and to do a diy project on one of my old shirts to make it look new with this style!

    http://frankieandmotz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Statement collars are so in right now, they're such a fun & quirky accessory and I love the studded ones! Great photos!

    Congrats on being featured in IFB's Links a la Mode this week!

    xo
    Ashlei

    www.kinksarethenewpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been planning the collar DIY for months now... hopefully it will come before the trend is over ;) you picked some fab pieces and photos. Look forward to seeing your own collar soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these pics.
    Congrats on links a la mode. Love your new follower dani.xx
    Check out my blog at www.huntinginheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I see where the inspiration for your DIY post (which was great btw) came from ;). Really like this trend too!

    Love, Sam
    http://sammthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great inspiration I'm dying to do mine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete