Saturday, 21 June 2014

OUTFIT POST: Bjorn to Run

Ellery, white peplum, mint jeans, personal style, sydney street style, Insight Jeans, Mnologie, ASOS, mint, white, Boticca

Ellery, white peplum, mint jeans, personal style, sydney street style, Insight Jeans, Mnologie, ASOS, mint, white, Boticca

Ellery, white peplum, mint jeans, personal style, sydney street style, Insight Jeans, Mnologie, ASOS, mint, white, Boticca

Ellery, white peplum, mint jeans, personal style, sydney street style, Insight Jeans, Mnologie, ASOS, mint, white, Boticca

Ellery, white peplum, mint jeans, personal style, sydney street style, Insight Jeans, Mnologie, ASOS, mint, white, Boticca

Ellery, white peplum, mint jeans, personal style, sydney street style, Insight Jeans, Mnologie, ASOS, mint, white, Boticca









Top: Ellery ... Jeans: Insight ... Shoes: Peeptoe ... Belt: ASOS
Clutch: c/o Mnologie (shop HERE) ... Cuffs: c/o Boticca (shop HERE & HERE)

While in the process of a sartorial detox, my aim is a curated wardrobe. Fashionising.com believes "the new luxury is a small wardrobe" and to me curation means tough love. It involves decluttering the mess of clothes hung, folded, flat-layed and/or stacked before you. In a Sex and the City scene, Carrie and her girlfriends practice curation as they pick and choose what garments are a 'toss' or a 'take' while dancing to the best of the 80s.

"Curation is refinement. Refinement is a skill ... we must cull from our wardrobes removing from it all that looks average." In this sense, a curated wardrobe doesn't necessarily have to be filled with lavish garments from the world's top fashion houses but it's up to you to decide worth and value. Personally, I'm moving on from my twelvie polyester flammables because I've realised we don't need a million tank tops or booty shorts.

So if curation means a systematic filtering of our wardrobes, then it also involves a change in attitude towards what we consume. Speaking of value, this is my personal stance.
If someone gave me $200 two years ago, I would come home with five chain store pieces at the awesome price of $40 each. But I've realised those bargain pieces, mediocre in fit, cut and quality would not be getting its cost per wear. Reality check: It'll end up collecting dust since I didn't even love them in the first place.
Give me $200 now, I would invest in one quality garment. This is where online and in-store research comes in as well as knowing when the good designer sales are on. Take this Ellery peplum as an example; I cannot afford the full price but splurging during their sample sale was worth it to me. Investing in classic quality pieces most likely means you'll take better care of it, wear it more often and is the "hallmark of the modern fashioniser." 
Because as my good friend Marvic Casingal said: "That s*** is not gonna die on you!"

Read the Fashionising.com article The New Luxury: The Curated Wardrobe HERE

Follow me: Bloglovin ... Facebook ... Etsy ... Instagram 

7 comments:

  1. nice:)) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous dear
    love your top

    http://www.ann-u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit. The top is so gorgeous and totally worth it. We are so with you on buying the good over the cheap :)

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit! I love the structure of your top! :)
    Xx
    Rhea
    www.fuss.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously so impressed with your ability to consider cleaning out your closet lol. Every time I want to get rid of something, I don't because I'm afraid I'll want it in 10 years when the trend comes back again :)

    xx Sarah | Loser Girl Wins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post!xx
    I love your amazing blog!
    would you mind checking out my blog?
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are fabulous!

    http://www.comercialmoyano.com

    ReplyDelete