Sunday, 18 January 2015

TRENDING: All Black

Solestruck, black outfits, goth, gothic fashion, goth style


We’re in the midst of yet another Australian summer - where the sun’s rays have tinged our skin golden, where the beach serves as the ultimate day-off retreat, and where matte black shades and SPF 50+ are absolute must-haves. For many mere mortals, summer bares images of bikinis and board shorts, crystal blue waters and sweet tropical fruit.

But as I’ve come to notice, from those cool kids walking down Bondi promenade, to my very own go-to summer outfits, all black looks - or anti-summer dressing (as I love to call it) - is a growing trend. One must simply look at Solestruck’s Summer Lookbook to see that this trend is all the rebelliousness rage it claims to be. And boy does it look good, almost Tim Burton-esque.

Titled ‘Goths in Hot Weather’, I found the lookbook possesses an enigmatic beauty about this nonconformist way of summer dressing. Maybe it’s the ‘stick it to the man/I couldn't care less’ attitude you seemingly adopt wearing something all black. Or perhaps the timelessness of the outfit by this simple choice in colour. Regardless of what it is, anti-summer outfits have already, and will continue, to dictate how I dress this summer.
PS. Sharon and I have recently started our very own YouTube channel, at Primped and Primed, and we would really love it if you could have a look around and let us know what you think. It even features anti-summer looks. 

 

Follow us: Bloglovin … Facebook … Youtube … Instagram (Sharon & Marvic) 


3 comments:

  1. Love this :) And you make me so jealous when you're talking about the summer.. it's mid-winter over here in the Netherlands!

    ♥♥♥ saskia
    former parades fashionblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. All black is always the way to go! Loving this inspo!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black is my go to for every season year round but yes, I've definitely noticed an increase in all black outfits lately. I like to balance things out though by wearing materials that are lighter as opposed to heavier winter/autumn fabrics that black come in though :) Thanks for visiting my blog guys and good luck with YouTube!!

    Elleosophy

    ReplyDelete