Thursday, 10 April 2014

MBFWA Cameo S/S 2014/15

MBFWA, Cameo, SS 2014/15, Australian Label, The Fashion Bunker, Australian Fashion Week
MBFWA, Cameo, SS 2014/15, Australian Label, The Fashion Bunker, Australian Fashion Week
MBFWA, Cameo, SS 2014/15, Australian Label, The Fashion Bunker, Australian Fashion Week
MBFWA, Cameo, SS 2014/15, Australian Label, The Fashion Bunker, Australian Fashion Week
MBFWA, Cameo, SS 2014/15, Australian Label, The Fashion Bunker, Australian Fashion Week
MBFWA, Cameo, SS 2014/15, Australian Label, The Fashion Bunker, Australian Fashion Week
MBFWA, Cameo, SS 2014/15, Australian Label, The Fashion Bunker, Australian Fashion Week
MBFWA, Cameo, SS 2014/15, Australian Label, The Fashion Bunker, Australian Fashion Week












All photos belong to Primped and Primed 

Dozens of spotlights beaming down on the runway making a path of light was a clear sign of what was to come.

The bright white beams were clean, minimal and made a powerful wake up call to the packed room of industry peeps. So too was the collection.

Cameo's debut at Australian Fashion Week was everything I expected from one of my favourite Aussie brands. I've noticed a trend with their collections; a sort of formula made up of
a) a unique print (Exhibit A, Exhibit B)
b) their signature shapes.

Catering to the stylish youth (note stylish not sluttish), this Spring Summer 2014/15 collection sticks closely to their DNA. I saw flounce peplum shapes and A-Line skirts printed with an inky black and white floral. Other highlights were off-the-shoulder bustiers and frocks that could easily be transformed from day to night. But what makes Cameo special, in my opinion, are the the fine details. This time I was intrigued by the lacework that was appliquéd onto a button-up shirt or sewn into a sporty bomber.

A special mention must be made to some more colourful pieces which broke their overall monochromatic colour palette. Not sure about you but as a child I was obsessed with those colouring pencils that had the rainbow and beyond swirled into a single lead (THIS). I say this because I don't have a photo of such an awesome print - you'll just have to settle for my elaborate description.

Follow me: Bloglovin ... Instagram ... Etsy 

7 comments:

  1. love them all. the lace detail on the shirt is unique. the V shape bustier peplum top looks just like the one they sold in ASOS though. I'm sure the cutting is probably different too.. nonetheless, thanks for sharing. great pieces~

    http://sbbeautydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the white on white and that lace bomber is so different! these photos are absolutely stunning.


    http://www.laurinn.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just looks so beautiful! I do love Cameo a whole heap. Everything they do is just brilliant. xxx

    http://www.yecrad.co.vu/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these looks! What an amazing time - wish I could have been there!
    Fabulous blog and thank you so much for stopping by mine...
    xx,
    Kristi

    www.currentlycrushing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that lacy pink dress is calling my name! gorgeous line

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm having a giveaway on my blog which you can win one of those Zara /or Mango bags.
    Please visit http://neonplease.blogspot.com/2014/04/zara-or-mango-bag-giveaway.html and simply follow the steps.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Cameo's pieces; they have the most amazing silhouettes! I've got my eye on that black & white floral peplum top.. ♥

    -Helena
    helenashideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete