Wednesday, 23 January 2013

OUTFIT POST: Mustard & Apples

fashion, personal style, street style, Ego and Greed, Solestruck, American Apparel

fashion, personal style, street style, Ego and Greed, Solestruck, American Apparel

fashion, personal style, street style, Ego and Greed, Solestruck, American Apparel, denim shirt

fashion, personal style, street style, Ego and Greed, Solestruck, American Apparel, denim shirt
fashion, personal style, street style, Ego and Greed, Solestruck, apple print wedges

 Dress: Princess Polly ... Shirt: American Apparel (shop similar HERE) ... Belt: Gathering Eye 
Shoes: Ego & Greed (shop HERE) ... Bag: 

Do you ever get that moment when you stand in front of your closet and think 'I've got a wardrobe full of clothes... but nothing to wear'. Your eyes hastily wander from garment to garment as you try to connect these fragmented pieces into a decent combination.

I always feel like outfits and day to day dressing is a bit like a puzzle. Some people are just natural who can place each jagged part next to another forming a cohesive bigger picture... whereas some (like me) take ages figuring out the concavities.

Although, continuing on with this metaphor, dressing is also NOT like a puzzle. There's only ever one way in which you can (correctly) fit those funny little shapes. One does not simply cut the rounded corners off with scissors nor fill the concave areas with glue. However, figuring out a 'look' requires a non-linear way of thinking. There's always so many different combinations one can wear things and each can tell a completely different story. It's a concept where filling in the spaces is necessary and cutting corners is sometimes encouraged. Therefore, seemingly irrelevant pieces can somehow pull together and create a unique picture which is something a linear puzzle can never do.

I came across this interesting quote which to me just solved a complicated riddle. 'If fashion is a pair of jeans, then style is what you do with it' - unknown origin. 

Follow me: Bloglovin ... Twitter ... Instagram ... Pinterest 

23 comments:

  1. Completely in love with your outfit! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shoes! Great outfit post

    @pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO in love with this outfit! Your shoes are amazing. (:


    fashionlei styled

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha yes, sometimes I just stand in front of my closet and think. I try on clothes and switch it out immediately again and again. But there are days when I already have an image in my head on which to pick together. :)

    I love the bag btw. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes are very eye catching <3

    www.raychoox.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely styling, gorgeous shoes x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun shoes, I love em!
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute outfit!!! You look great girl!

    Eirini from http://fashionreactor.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great look! Love those shoes. And yes, I have that moment all the time! It's tempting to just buy something new rather than figure out how to re-program the things I have into a new look - "reinventing old pieces" was one of my "style resolutions" for this year! Lol :)
    -Tiffany
    http://www.tiffanystyleblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely look! Love your dress and shoes! :D

    Ah, i know that feeling, sometimes i face that situation..>.<

    I'm holding a giveaway and it will be great if you join:
    MsDressy $80 gift voucher giveaway

    xoxo
    http://anastasiagoenawan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all girls have that 'oh my god I have NO clothes' as they stare in front of all their clothes syndrome... but my oh my, those shoes are super wild!

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow great look, love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so amazing! Those kicks are too cute! I really love the quality of your photos! What kind of camera do you use? Also how do you get those cool effects? Do you use photoshop? =D

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!
    Your blog has very cool pictures and interesting ideas. I really liked it and will keep on visiting;) Come by my blog and if you like it let too, let's follow each other! Just let me know. We can follow each other on Bloglovin, GFC and Instagram too!

    Stay in touch!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just passing trough your blog when I noticed these platforms.. omg! they are to die for and most importantly, they fit you and this outfit just perfectly! :) loved your sense of style! say hi to your new follower! xxx

    p.s. i'd like you to visit my blog and let me know what you think! i'd be very happy if you follow me back!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love, love, love the shoes

    http://thelookbybb.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit is amazing.
    I love your shoes and your bag is
    gorgeous... :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  18. So perfect for spring! gorgeous post!

    http://DownToStars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. damnmm those shoes!love it X


    skinnyfoxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete