Thursday, 31 January 2013

Floral Crown 'Behind the Scenes'

DIY, floral crown, flowers, label, Etsy, floral garland, DIY floral crown, P&P crowns
DIY, floral crown, flowers, label, Etsy, floral garland, DIY floral crown, P&P crowns
DIY, floral crown, flowers, label, Etsy, floral garland, DIY floral crown, P&P crowns

DIY, floral crown, flowers, label, Etsy, floral garland, DIY floral crown, P&P crowns
DIY, floral crown, flowers, label, Etsy, floral garland, DIY floral crown, P&P crowns
DIY, floral crown, flowers, label, Etsy, floral garland, DIY floral crown, P&P crowns

DIY, floral crown, flowers, label, Etsy, floral garland, DIY floral crown, P&P crownsAs you would all know, I own an Etsy shop selling custom made floral crowns (see HERE). I've been getting a few emails regarding the making process for a while but I never provided an answer.

Mainly because, there really isn't anything spectacular about the creation of these accessories. The photos above should give you a sufficient look into the 'behind the scenes' process of my 'label' (notice how they're in inverted commas, so please don't expect anything Chanel fashion studio worthy).

Let me spell it out for you simply:
1. I don't own a studio. I make my crowns on the same table in which I do my homework and I store my spare flowers in an unwanted suitcase.
2. It's not a tedious task. An episode of Skins or Revenge should see you to the completion of one crown. For best results, I put on my hour long playlist of Lana Del Rey (on repeat of course). She really does set the mood.
3. Once they're done, I go to Australia Post who sends it out in one of those (iconic) brown parcels.

I do just want to thank all of my followers who has supported this hobby turned business either through the amazing comments or the purchase of a crown. I love that fuzzy feeling after knowing that a parcel is heading towards an eager customer. It also thrills me to be messaged that I've made somebody day brighter and happier. This store has personally opened up a lot of doors; it's now stocked in a Brisbane boutique called Rocket Science (shop HERE) and my Etsy picture has been chosen as the (for the lack of a better word) face for an event in L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival 2013 (see HERE).

Thank you all again!

19 comments:

  1. Hi,

    They are super cute, you are very talented.

    Txx

    http://www.fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful !

    Http://Fashioneiric.Blogspot.Com

    Coline !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so beautiful! You have a great blog btw, your newest follower :)

    I'm also currently hosting a giveaway if you're interested in entering!
    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! I love how grassroots your business is!

    xoxo,
    alysalovely.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You´ve got talent! They look super!
    http://kjandersen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it looks amazing! I think you did a great job!
    I'm following you now!

    Nathalie
    Give-away online!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing to have such oppurtunities.
    www.raychoox.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, the headband is so gorgeous! You're so creative!

    ravenmaidenmaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love flowers, I love pink, and I love your fabulous headbands! Totally garden beauty-chic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heii thanks for the follow :)
    I've seen a lot of these in Thailand & have thought about making some myself. After seeing yours I might give them a go!
    They're really pretty, good luck with your business!

    sassyshann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sassyshann,

      I totally encourage you to make some and even to start an Etsy business from it! Just message me a picture or link if you do end up creating some, I would LOVE to see the results.

      Delete
  13. very pretty crowns!

    x

    www.devious-studios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The headband is so gorgeous! Fabulous!

    xoxo

    http://www.sereiasafogadas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the whole concept of your blog. I think it's really cool!
    Come by mine and let's follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin and Instagram... If you would like to of course:)

    Hope to see you soon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You say they're not difficult to make, but I don't think that's true! I know I could never even attempt such art.

    "An episode of Skins or Revenge should see you to the completion of one crown" hahahah. Made me laugh aloud. Love Skins, Revenge too. Guilty little pleasure episodes.

    You did such a wonderful job photographing the creation process, and I aboslutely love how you have them next to your laptop. Such an interesting juxtaposition of utilitarian and whimsical beauty.

    Saw your comment on TMR and just had to come to your blog. You literally made me laugh out loud (again). You have no idea how many looks of hers I've tried to "recreate", and "failed miserably".

    Cheers!

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gabrielle,

      Thanks so much for the kind comments! I really appreciate it!
      Haha in the second picture, you'll see that Skins is playing on my Laptop ... really gotta love that show. :D

      Delete