Monday, 20 May 2013

casper&pearl @ SFW

Casper & Pearl, Sydney Fashion Weekend, Australian label, Adelaide

Casper & Pearl, Sydney Fashion Weekend, Australian label, Adelaide

Casper & Pearl, Sydney Fashion Weekend, Australian label, Adelaide
Casper & Pearl, Sydney Fashion Weekend, Australian label, Adelaide

Casper & Pearl, Sydney Fashion Weekend, Australian label, Adelaide

Casper & Pearl, Sydney Fashion Weekend, Australian label, Adelaide
From left to right: Mali Koopman & Stacy Hendrickson


Among the claustrophobic hysteria at Sydney Fashion Weekend, situated in D30 was a certain tranquility. Muted pastel tones, an abundance of flowers ... it was like stepping into a childhood daydream where we feed unicorns not horses.

The brains behind casper&pearl, Stacey Hendrickson fully embodies the essence of C&P. Gorgeous and softly spoken, she was a delight to meet. If you feel like this is deja vu, I have posted about this brand before HERE. Also, check out their BLOG to keep up with their lovely adventures.

Stacey kindly talks to us about her label:

1. How did your label begin?
I began casper&pearl about two years ago when I was eighteen years old, fresh out of high school. I had no idea what I was doing and had no idea it would turn out as big as what it is!  

2.  Describe your design aesthetic. 
I adore creating innocent and girly pieces. Anything 90’s inspired wins my vote, and I’m a sucker for bright colours. I’m designing outfits for that indie girl who steals clothes out of grandma’s wardrobe, and mixes it with the pieces she used to wear in 1996.

3. What are your inspirations? 
When designing a collection, I get an idea of a girl or a character in my mind. I imagine where she is, what she’s doing and what she’s wearing. I scribble in notebooks and turn them into tangible form. Our team member Mali Koopman inspires me a great deal as she just radiates innocence and culture. I also love reading blogs and flicking through old story books.

4. casper&pearl has really exploded! What would be one advice you would give to any young designer trying to break into the industry? 
Being important is nice, but being nice is more important. I’m good friends with most of my models and customers and I love to hand write notes to include in orders. I think that’s what girls are really responding to.

Follow me: Bloglovin ... Facebook ... Twitter

10 comments:

  1. Such a girly and lovely collection! <3

    xoxo
    Cin
    http://www.fashbrown.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. adore casper and pearl! also really glad i found your blog, you have amazing style and i love finding other aussie bloggers :) keep it up, followed you on blogger and bloglovin xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's inspiring.. Love Casper and Pearl.. :D

    http://ristlicious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore Casper and Pearl! These clothes seem gorgeous.

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful clothes!

    http://mystylediaryblogspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collection! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, love the colors

    Haute,
    www.urprettyhaute.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Team your day skirt with a sweet and simple vest, a pair of stylish stilettos and a colourful shopper for a little laid-back glamour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything is so pretty :)

    xx Michelle

    mich-ette.blogspot.com.a

    ReplyDelete