Saturday, 4 May 2013

OUTFIT POST (MBFWA): Perspex Mint

MBFWA Street style, personal style, Miss Unkon, Jeffrey Campbell, Fashion Week, Bardot, holographic

MBFWA Street style, personal style, Miss Unkon, Jeffrey Campbell, Fashion Week, Bardot, holographic

MBFWA Street style, personal style, Miss Unkon, Jeffrey Campbell, Fashion Week, Bardot, holographic

MBFWA Street style, personal style, Miss Unkon, Jeffrey Campbell, Fashion Week, Bardot, holographic

MBFWA Street style, personal style, Miss Unkon, Jeffrey Campbell, Fashion Week, Bardot, holographic

MBFWA Street style, personal style, Miss Unkon, Jeffrey Campbell, Fashion Week, Bardot, holographic





Photos by: Derek Cheung (https://www.facebook.com/drkimaging/) 

Top: c/o Oasap ... Skirt: Miss Unkon ... Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell 
Clutch: Bardot ... Watch: Swatch & Citizen 

It is now one month after the hustle and bustle that was Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia. It was a week filled with the clip-clopping of heels, incessant fashion chatter and whole hordes of people more stylish than you.

Overwhelmed on the first day like a little year 7, I was desperately scanning all the cliques (buyers from The Iconic, Harper's Bazaar team, the renowned bloggers) for anyone I knew. Naturally, I knew no one. However as the week went on, numerous introductions were made, business cards exchanged and faces placed to a URL. It hit me that although I was an 'independent fashion blogger', in this industry it's quite impossible to be alone. 

Fashion week is a bit like high school. Except instead of teachers telling you what to do, it's the photographers telling you how to pose. Roll call is in the form of an industry registration desk complete with a pass to hook around your neck (and ruin the whole cohesion of your carefully planned outfit). Likewise you are assigned a name, a grouping and consequently defined by a bar code.

What surprised me was the energy! This exhilarating, intimidating, claustrophobic (and all the synonyms in between) vibe which everybody fed off, was definitely something I have never experienced before. Not even those crammed peak hour trains or the adrenaline rush from any aerial camp activity could have prepared me for this. Everyone was so alive and even if you were living off 4 hours sleep and 45 espresso shots, you sure didn't let anyone see that. 

Such is the irony because here lies my real 'job'. To sit at 9pm at night in my pj's and type. It's time to take off those deadly heels and attend to my blisters ... 

Shop 





Follow me: Bloglovin ... Facebook ... Twitter 

18 comments:

  1. love that skirt.. and your shoes Perfect!!

    http://bayuradith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit.
    Looks like youre still feeling the atmosphere of the fashion week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice matching! :) you are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those heels are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooh those heels have been on my wishlist for so LONG! Want them now :) You look great xxxx

    http://rendersublime.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the transparent heels!

    http://www.carlysscloset.blogspot.com/

    Carly's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous outfit, i love your shoes so much!
    would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? let me know so i can follow back :)
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post aptly describes my first fashion week experience!(or fashion festival as we call it here in Perth) I can still distinctly remember feeling slightly overwhelmed and intimidated... definitely similar to the first day of high school.

    p.s. I have the same clutch and I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous style, adoring your blog!
    check out our new blog – behind the scenes at our fashion agency!

    lots of love from La-La Land
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely !

    I am a FASHION STUDENT AND BLOGGER from London. I would like to invite you to my BLOG to take a look at my ideas!

    My Blog: http://renetakanevska.blogspot.co.uk
    My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/rkanevska

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww great outfit! Striped patterns are not easy to wear but you are killing it here. Pretty skirt too. It is a beautiful shade of blue. Those shoes make your entire look a straight up perfection. Good job!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the shoes!

    hope you can check out my blog too :)

    xx stephalsay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete