Saturday, 31 August 2013

Market HQ Runway

MBFFS, Market HQ, Staple, Cameo, Stylestalker, Mink Pink, Finders Keepers, Evil Twin, Paint It Red, jelly sandals, dungarees

MBFFS, Market HQ, Staple, Cameo, Stylestalker, Mink Pink, Finders Keepers, Evil Twin, Paint It Red, jelly sandals, dungarees
When needing the online shopping solution, amongst the classic favourites (ASOS/Nasty Gal/Urban Outfitters), there's a particular Australian site I turn to ... Market HQ. Bookmarked in my 'when boredom strikes' section for casual browsing, Market HQ stocks the coolest Aussie brands such as Mink Pink, Stylestalker, Paint It Red, Finders Keepers, Cameo and a tonne more.

I squealed in excitement upon discovering that they were hosting a show at MBFFS called 'Salute to the Sun'. This debut was everything I expected and embodied the energy of Australian youth. I'm not just talking about the clothing, the show was a performance in itself. Starting off with the fumes of spray paint, the crowd watched as a graffiti artist painted the Market HQ logo backdrop. Halfway through, a dance group emerged from their designated front row seats and danced with the models to 'Blurred Lines'. Not only were bikinis and bandeaus aplenty, but apparently backflips were too.

Fun-loving and colourful, the clothing featured were spot on with what teenagers would actually wear. This means no strange pieces that's deemed as 'art' or 'WTF is that' moments. From printed dungarees to fluro jelly sandals to an amazing array of sports luxe and monochromatic pieces, Market HQ showcased my dream summer wardrobe. I've got my eyes set on sheer bomber jackets and anything with mesh or crazy prints.

MBFFS, Market HQ, Staple, Cameo, Stylestalker, Mink Pink, Finders Keepers, Evil Twin, Paint It Red, jelly sandals, dungarees




Follow me: Bloglovin ... Facebook ... Etsy 

4 comments:

  1. I love Market HQ :) All these bright colours getting me so excited for spring/summer!

    -Helena
    helenashideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that I missed this super rad Market HQ show! Can't wait for all these amazing pieces to arrive in store x

    www.insidein-insideout.net

    ReplyDelete