Thursday, 2 January 2014

Hawaii Photo Diary

















Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a happy and safe 2013 and are busy making preparations for the year ahead.

On a recent trip to Hawaii, I got to cross many things off my bucket list - swim with dolphins, parasail and do yoga by the ocean. Personally, travelling always offers a fresh perspective. Experiencing a new culture and communicating with the locals really opens my eyes to the different lifestyles people lead. Participating in a traditional Hawaiian Luau on the island of Maui was a key example of this - it helps to keep an open and more accepting mind.

Above all travelling makes me appreciate all the little things in life drowned out by the humdrum of everyday rituals. It may be the awe-inspiring ombre of colours within a sunset or the tranquil sounds of waves. Whatever it is, I'm always more grateful when arriving back from a holiday.

As Augustine of Hippo says 'The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.' So for 2014 perhaps that should be your resolution.

Follow me: Bloglovin ... Etsy ... Twitter 

11 comments:

  1. I just got back from Hawaii too! I went to Maui last year and Waikiki this year. Maui is definitely more relaxing and eco-friendly, after Maui I felt rejuvenated and relaxed. This year, Waikiki was just so lively and busy, I'm not sure if I feel relaxed but it was still a lot of fun. Your pictures look gorgeous and I love your swimming suits/yoga outfits. Happy New Years xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soo wanted to swim with the dophins when I went to Hawaiiii. Never got a chance..jealous! :D. Pictures look very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are scuh amazing shots

    x
    Saba
    http://itsmysash.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pics are so cool!

    http://confetixratodos.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip looks absolutely wonderful! Living vicariously through these photos! Wish I could visit Hawaii myself one day :-)

    http://grayongrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful photos. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. Hopefully one day I will be able to! Happy New Year :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello !

    I like it ;)

    http://www.theladyjersey.com

    Kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love your swimwear!!
    This is a really great post :)

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those underwater pictures are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete