Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Aussies at LFW S/S 2013

London Fashion Week ended several days ago and instead of conforming to the norm and posting a rap-up of my favourite shows (which many bloggers seem to do), I thought I should do things a little differently. Maybe it's about time to subtly wave the Aussie flag (metaphorically of course) and showcase the Australian designers who presented in London. After all, I am very proud of our homegrown visionaries who have certainly made a name for themselves and is able to place local Australian fashion onto an international scale.

Dion Lee
With simple and sleek silhouettes, Dion Lee took graphical detailing to a whole new level ... making them literally 3 dimensional.


Sass & Bide

If Spring/Summer 2013 is going to go by Sass & Bide's vision, there's going to be a lot of crossing between feminine and masculine ... light and dark ... and unexpected touches of embellishments. I loved how the designing duo Sarah-Jane Clarke and Heidi Middleton reworked the men's tuxedo adding details here and there, making it flattering to the female form. Also, that last feathered frock with the military-style ornament just left me speechless. I will say one thing though... personally Sass & Bide never disappoints.


Willow

What struck me in this collection was the mixture of bright separates with sheer languid dresses. Such an unlikely combination to be put into the same show but designer Kit Willow-Podgornik make it work. I think the success is in the carefree and wispy silhouettes projecting this sense of movement as if blown by the wind. A certain edgyness was still apparent with the use of exposed bras and bustiers; harking back to the trend of lingerie as outerwear.

16 comments:

  1. Your blog is sooo cute) follow you)

    follow me back =)

    My pretty fashion blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog is amazing on so many different levels. If you have a chance check out my blog and follow me if you like.

    http://www.mod-i-fied.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't take my eyes off!Seriously,babe!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest Follower! Stop by and say Hi!
    Peace&Love,
    Eunice
    www.eglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Sass & Bide looks !
    Your blog is great!

    :)

    www.sofashionjoana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sass & Bide show was awesome!
    love your blog, followed :)

    x ZH
    www.zhxoxo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all beautiful outfits. We love it!


    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this post,and your blog is lovely:x
    I am following you,would you like to follow eachother and keep in touch?
    Kisses!

    http:countryoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was lucky enough to go to Sass and Bide, have to say you Aussies are killing it at the moment! It was my favourite show from LFW! Great blog btw, you have a new follower xx

    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loved Sass & Bide this season. Their collection was seriously gorgeous!

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. gosh I'm loving Sass and Bide too- that feather skirt is insanely gorgeous x misstea & co.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go Aussies! We are really making our mark in the fashion world. Remember to check out Antipodium and Josh Goot!

    http://www.ohsevendays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aussie fashion is AMAZING!
    Sass & Bide is just unbelievable!
    Following your blog now, it's lovely :)
    would love for you to check out mine!
    xo
    yasmin
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete