Thursday, 20 September 2012

SPRING SERIES: DIY Floral Crown

As a part of my Spring Series, I promised you all that I would post a DIY on how to make a floral crown. If you're like me and sick of the same generic flowery headbands in all the chain stores, then this DIY is for you (oh god... that sounded like an infomercial). I was initially inspired by Lana Del Rey's style ... that sort of vintage, ethereal look complete with the gorgeous floral garlands.

What you'll need

DIY floral crown, floral crown, orchid, flourist tape, floral wire,

1. A selection of artificial flowers (i used white orchids - Lincraft)
2. Florist tape (Lincraft)
3. Floral wire (Lincraft)
4. Pliers
5. Measuring tape
6. Normal scissors

DIY floral crown, floral crown, method, how to, orchid, flourist tape, floral wire

1. Measure your head circumference with the measuring tape. Create a halo-like circle by twisting the floral wires together (I used 3 wires).

2. Take your first individual/bunch of flowers. Using the florist tape, wrap the flower around the wire halo. Just a tip: florist tape is like magic, it's not sticky like scotch tape but it just automatically adheres. Feels a bit like moulding clay when you press on it too. Anyways...

3. Repeat step 2, working your way around the crown until you've got your desired result. You can choose to complete the crown or leave the back naked.

DIY floral crown, floral garland, white orchid, flowers, how to, style, fashion, accessories, headpiece

DIY Floral Crown, floral crown, floral garland, white orchids, flowers, style, spring

DIY floral crown, floral crown, floral garland, pansy, flowers, leaves, spring, style, accessory, headpiece

DIY floral crown, floral crown, floral garland, pansy, flowers, leaves, spring, style, accessory, headpiece

DIY Floral Crown, Floral Crown, Floral Garland, roses, style, fashion, accessory

DIY Floral Crown, Floral Crown, Floral Garland, roses, style, fashion, accessory

DIY Floral Crown, Floral Crown, Floral Garland, roses, style, fashion, accessory

DIY Floral Crown, Floral Crown, Floral Garland, roses, style, fashion, accessory
All pictures above taken by myself. Which floral crown do you fancy?
I recently opened up an Etsy store selling these head pieces. To SHOP P&P click here

16 comments:

  1. I made a cream one too!
    But I have to say that i adore the red one against your dark hair!
    its gorgeous

    :)
    www.gumbootglam.com
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy you made this DIY post! I have been looking for a good tutorial on how to make a Lana Del Rey-esque headband and this one is PERFECT. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will attempt to make one this weekend :)

    And, as always, you look lovely. <3

    Love, Ana

    www.brokenstiletto.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! i love the cute roses<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog! Very impressive hand-bands .Loving it !
    New follower here ^^
    http://from-brussels-with-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg you are great!they all are amazing!want to do one on my own

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing pictures!! I love the orchid one.
    Check out my blog I did a fashion post today!
    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those crowns are awesome! Great work! :)

    Following your blog for a while now, it's super lovely! :)

    Hope you'll find some time to check out my blog and maybe follow if you like? :)

    http://fallforfall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roses crown is my favorite.
    sandimartini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tutorial and very understandable and clear. I like how you do multiple examples because it really helps me get inspired and brainstorm some of my own designs :)

    -Jenny
    thismodernloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful

    Sinan
    http://sinannalkan.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, I'll definitely try this out sometime soon! Do you mind if I put it on my blog after I created it? Of course I'll link back to your blog!

    X Saskia
    http://formerparades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love ur floral crown! so amazing

    xoxo, Eliza
    bread and butter blog

    ReplyDelete